Our company, an American corporation, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe.
The Sales Representative - Construction is responsible for managing the sales of our Construction Products in their region.
• Responsible for Piling sales & rentals along with Bridge Fabrication Sales
• Generate sales and revenue while building long term relationships with existing and new accounts
• Coordinate customer contact from initial quote/bid through invoicing and collections
• Create strategies to meet or exceed the company’s annual operating plan
• Work with sales, credit & legal departments, product staff and yards to expedite shipments
• Inside and outside contact with customers and the engineering community
• Responsible for inventory, order entry, and customer follow up
Requirements Skills, Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field
• 3-5 years sales experience, preferably in construction products,
• Understanding of basic engineering principals
• Ability to converse with a wide range of individual personality types
• Experience in project management preferred
• Excellent math and oral and written communication skills
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to travel approximately 1 week per month or as required
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including eligibility for benefits on the first of the month after hire and a market-leading 401(k) program.